Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The BEginning

     I had the joy of starting an old computer that I had in the 90's, an IBM PS/2 still running DOS software. It was a challenge trying to remember how to work in that environment but I found what I was looking for... a quote that I had on my wall that carried me through some challenging trials.

"I have had my solutions for a long time, but I do not yet know how I am to arrive at them." - Karl Friedrich Gauss, Germany 1777-1855

     He was a mathematician and scientist and was referring to his own work with this quote. I however, adapted it to the changes I was going through after my NDE in my physical and emotional recovery process. I still recite it, though somewhat incorrectly, in my own version today as I face anything that appears to be new and daunting.


     The opening of this computer is likened to that of a buried treasure for me, as it contains the history of what I was doing at that time. I will from time to time post some of those marvelous gems here on my blog and will start with this one.......



The BEginning

   I sit here, perched on the branch that separates fantasy from reality. 
   I have come through the darkness,
into the Light.
Isn't, "To Be or not to be"'
The Question
that humanity has struggled with,
for so many generations ?

Is it worth the struggle ?
For isn't, "To Be",
Simply to, "BE"

One cannot gauge,
with any scientific measure,
the scope of, "Being"

It is everlasting knowledge,
It is spiritual peace,
It is all of the Universe
pulled together
into One ray
of
Light,
traveling forward
from its Divine origin

To envision this, is only The BEginning


Charlie Riverman Bergeron 1992-95

Fantasy Art Woman | Beginning

Beginning - oil painting of a woman drapped in swirls of color and Klimt like symbols
Fantasy Art Woman | Beginning
24 x 48 oil on canvas

In Search of Klimt Series

"I search for Klimt!" the artist in me spoke spoke boldly .

"Ahhh, then we must start at the Beginning!"  said the Wind.
Pulling out oils, my canvas, poems and stories from an old wooden case, turquoise,  silver leaf and jewels thrust past the lid and met the open sky.

The Wind confirmed my journey, "Your fantasy begins now, paint freely beautiful women goddess art. " 

And so I did.
Kathy Ostman-Magnusen

1 comment:

  1. "all of the Universe pulled together
    into One ray of Light"
    c'est très beau, ce poème...
    and Gauss quote very interesting

    ReplyDelete